Sunday, May 4, 2008

Extreme Makeover-Family Edition





Friday Stella had kindergarten orientation. I can not believe that I have a child entering school. It makes me feel a little anxious but she is so excited. It will be interesting to see if her school is actually finished. It still looks like a major job to accomplish. There are beautiful red tulips all around it though! Stella found a friend from preschool to sit by and she had fun working on an art project and decorating cookies. I liked what one of the teachers said during orientation, "school should be like Disneyland." We don't HAVE to go to school but WANT to because it is fun. I don't know if I thought school was like a magical theme park but I really do hope that Stella and the boys look forward to school and love learning!






Last Christmas my father in law's gift was to complete a big project for a different family member each year. The idea was he would supply the materials and the family would help build it together. This year Spencer's sister and her family were the recipients. Saturday, the family built them a pergola to cover their patio in the hot summer months. Spencer had to work until two but we were glad to help the last few hours. Spencer's dad flew in Nate and Anya (Spencer's brother and wife) from Hawaii and Dan came up from St. George. So the whole family was there and it was great to see them work together. What a great gift and it will be fun to see what other things the family creates in one day. It was our own mini extreme makeover-home edition!






Today was Mexican food at Grandma and Grandpa Carter's home(my mom and dad). I have great memories of our Mexican dinners with all the fixings. It always brings my five brothers and one sister running. My favorites are the three kinds of enchiladas and the chili egg dish!

0 comments: