Spencer and I have moved at least 8 times in our 10 years of marriage. I have been thinking about all the friends that I have made along the way and those from my younger days. Friends from church, work, the hood (neighbors), and school. I feel like I took a little chunk from each friend that sticks with me. Once my friend always my friend. Recently my life long friend that lives out of state gave me a call and as we chat it is if time has stood still and we are 18 years old working in Jackson Hole or backpacking through Grand Gulch. We laughed and laughed and laughed even when we were stuck flipping burgers at the Art City Trolley restaurant. When I left for college I started grabbing new friends here and there. For the most part I keep in touch but for those that I have lost touch I often wonder where they are. As I entered the work force I made friends for life and still laugh about our silly conversations over the cubicles in between disease tracking and investigations. Every where I move I am grateful for the church and for the whole group of friends I meet there. And for the friends in the neighborhood that believe differently but are just like a sister to me. I miss those that live far away and there are days I feel a pang for that void. I have made some solid friends in our new pad and look forward to our girl time outs. I find so much comfort in knowing we all can relate in so many ways! It is fun to see my kids develop great friendships wherever we go and remember those who tugged at their hearts. Stella still talks about her real first friend Teagan from Vegas and misses him still after two years! Old, new, here, there, all my friends are gold to me!
The Miracle of Aaron
9 years ago


4 comments:
Must be something in the air..I have been having similar thoughts..and feeling just a bit nostalgic for "old times."
I just drove by Tony Caputos last yesterday and was nostalgic for our old lunch trips there.. :-)
Are you subtly trying to tell us you are moving???
P.S. In my Natural Health magazine they have an article about keeping a "Green" lawn (with suggestions on organic fertilizer). In case you are interested.
No we are not moving anytime soon! We really love daybreak. I was just walking around the lake tonight thinking how lucky we are. We do plan to upgrade someday and who knows maybe we will stay in the area!
Post a Comment