Friday, May 16, 2008

Fiesta Food

We love good quesidillas around here! My kids like to try the adult version but mostly stick with the cheese version. If they keep trying it eventually they will eat it...right?? Here is a great way to stir up your taste buds. I usually get out the grill and cook them up fast so we can all eat hot quesidillas at once!




Whole Wheat Tortillas (or white)


One green and red bell pepper chopped


One yellow zucchini thinly sliced


1/2 cup purple onions


1/2 cup sliced olives


2 tsp cumin (really to taste)


One jar of marinated artichoke hearts


Any variety of great cheese shredded


2 Tbsp. Olive oil




Saute peppers, onion, and zucchini until tender in olive oil. Season veges with cumin. Sprinkle cheese on bottom tortilla and then add sauteed vegetables. Evenly add marinated artichoke hearts and olives. Sprinkle another layer of cheese before topping it off with another tortilla. Heat grill and coat with olive oil. Cook until cheese is melted and both sides are browned. Cut into triangles with a pizza cutter! This should make 3-4 quesidillas. (You can use any of your favorite veggies but this is the way I like it.)




Enjoy and let the fiesta begin!






2 comments:

Lisa R.D. said...

Yummy! These sound so good. It was fun to see you on the freeway on Friday :).

Christie said...

I love your recipes. I tagged you on my blog.. check it out... :-)

hubba-christie.blogspot.com