Have you ever wondered what to do with an eggplant? Here is something yummy to do with it. And who knows...maybe your kids will even try it. I usually make it with noodles and extra sauce to make sure my kids tummies are full. Stella will usually eat it and Miles will try it! Brighton is too little but loves getting all messed up in noodles! That kid will eat anything. I have been using Barilla Multi-grain noodles that have 17 grams of protein. And they taste the same as regular noodles! A little more expensive but worth the health benefits. Spencer loves eggplant parmisean so I try and make it on his days off with extra left for work the next day! Here's the recipe..
One Eggplant
Parmesean Cheese
2 Cups Shredded Mozzerella Cheese (can use more flavorful cheeses)
2 Eggs
1 Cup flour
1 Jar Spagetti Sauce (Barilla has great varities but anything will work..even homemade yum!)
Olive oil
Thinnly slice the eggplant (you can peel it but not necessary). Heat olive oil over medium heat. Dip each eggplant slice into egg and then flour. Brown both sides in olive oil and then transfer to baking dish. Continue until all slices are browned. A single layer works best for the eggplant. Top eggplant completely with the pasta sauce. Sprinkle with the parmesean cheese and mozzarella cheese. Bake covered for 20 minutes and uncovered for about 15 or until tender. Bake at 350 degrees. Serve with noodles, salad, and bread! Enjoy!


3 comments:
I also love eggplant parm, but I bake it instead of frying! The breaded and baked slices can be frozen for later use. Also sometimes, I use zucchini instead of eggplant. I'll bet you can guess what time of year that happens.
Anybody wants the baking recipe - lemeno, maybe I will put it on my blog!
Kristy, I was so glad for your email. I have a blog too! Im not very good at keeping it up though. I keep meaning to but then I just cant find the time. Im trying!! :) Im glad to read yours. It sounds like everything is going really well for you guys. And I love the recipes! Our blog is...
thematthews5.@blogspot.com
I think thats right. Email me if you cant get in. Again it was great to see your blog and Im glad to keep in touch this way.
Tammy
I've never cooked eggplant, but I will have to try your recipe - sounds yum! I also love curry...do we need to have a recipe exchange? Cute blog!
Post a Comment