Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Pancakes and Politics


I am very random in thought and that is probably why I can't stick to one topic when I blog so here goes other random thoughts from Krista Krista (Spencer's nickname for me).




We do a home preschool co-op with 7 moms in the neighborhood for Miles who was to young for traditional preschool this year! I would highly recommend the Mother Goose program that we used. This has been so wonderful for him to really develop some great friendships. I love to hear the stories about their little interactions. As he ate princess fruit snacks he told sweet Emma that she was a princess and he was her prince! I don't know if Emma agreed. Well in honor of Mother's Day, I love the way kids describe how they love you. They worked on a mother's day flower made from their hands today at preschool. Miles said he loved me because "her make me pancakes". Isn't that so true. Kids love you because you take care of them, make their favorite things to eat, tickle them, read to them, or let them watch a movie with popcorn in the living room. I love those critters for more reasons then I could ever list.


The other thing that has been on my mind today is the race to the White House. Obama had another big win and the numbers indicate that Hillary should pull out but she is pressing on. I was listening to the Diane Rheem show on NPR (while I run my kids here and there) and actually got choked up when someone emailed in her support for Hillary Clinton. She mentioned the respect she had for her and that we should all show in support for the many women that have helped build this country. I think your stance on politics is very personal and I personally do not agree with all the positions of just one candidate.

So let this post be in honor of women making pancakes for their kids and building our great country at the same time!

1 comments:

CB said...

Hi Kristy! It's Corey Byington from the River Mountain Ward! I stumbled across your blog while reading Tammy's. I cannot believe how big Miles is and that you have another boy! It does not seem like you moved that long ago! Anyway, here is my email address..send me an email if you want to be invited to view my blog too. Glad to have found ya! :)
coreymarie77@gmail.com