
When I was in high school I played classical guitar and in college I took a class to learn the cords and some more basics. A few years ago I unintentionally set down the guitar and left it to my very talented hubby. Spencer is a musician at heart and I have always been so proud of his musical talents! Well today the kids and I were playing the piano and I picked up the guitar! I was shocked at how good it felt and fun it was to play again. It really took me back. The kids thought it was great to see mommy strumming since they really thought it was daddy's thing. Stella and Miles thought it was hilarious when I started singing songs about Brighton's blue eyes and never ending poo! It was great to let go of the daily grind and just be down right silly! I really love music and being creative. I think this may be the resurrection of my guitar playing. I need to pluck at the piano more often. Brighton was hilarious on the piano, he would pound it with all his might and sing like a rock star. I wish that I could have captured this on video! He was also squealing as I played the guitar because he wanted to take over. So far our kids are very interested in music and I hope they stay that way. Stella can even play the didgeridoo, a very tricky instrument even for adults. Watch out Vontrap family!!
Have you ever resurrected an old talent or interest?
Do you play a musical intrument?
Do you know what a didgeridoo is?


3 comments:
Wow, I knew you were talented, but I didn't know you play the guitar too! Ryan has played around with the guitar a bit, but the closest I've come to it is playing the guitar on Rock Band (pretty fun game :)). I played the clarinet in 5th and 6th grades, but I really wasn't great at it. I'm trying to improve my piano skills, which have been matched by my 7 year old daughter that has been in lessons for one year! And so it goes...
Hi Kristy! How funny, we LITERALLY live across the street and never see each other. I didn't know you were musical--or that you taught college! Cool. Isn't the didgeridoo that Australian stick thing?
P.S. I'm adding your blog to my blogroll.
Hey Elly at least we can keep up with eachother over blogging! Ha! That wasn't very nice of them to split the ward down the middle of the street. Well we should still get together. I would love to see your cute baby girl. And yes the didgeridoo is an australian wind instrument! I have added you to my blog as well.
Hi Lisa,
I really am not smokin on any instrument but it is fun to mess around!
Post a Comment