Saturday, July 5, 2008

A Happy Fourth of July!




Our Fourth of July festivities were full of good old traditions and family fun! Spencer's family has a cabin in Fairview so we headed down to celebrate with them. Along the hour and half drive instead of playing I spy or the letter game we decided to count the flags we saw! We counted 274 flags and that was just along the freeway and through some of the small towns!! What a great place we live in.




The Big Parade


We started out at the "Mammoth Parade" in Mount Pleasant. I don't know how MAMMOTH it is but the kids really enjoy it. They still throw lots of candy! I prefer the small town to the crowds. Miles was thrilled to see the firetrucks and Monster truck. Stella loved the beauty queens or "princesses". Brighton just loved hanging in the shade with me and eating everything in site!


Miles checking out the firetruck and holding his bag ready to collect candy candy candy!
Sweet Brighton hiding from the sun! It was hot.
The Snyder gang!


Stella and Brighton enjoying the parade.
Dad and mini me (minus the red hair)
WATER!
Say Cheese. Miles is always ready to show his pearly whites.




The BIG Swim


After the parade we headed to the pool to picnic and cool off! This was quite refreshing and energy burning for the wee ones. Miles hung in the kiddie pool while Stella braved the big pool and slide with her cousins.


A gain miles with the cheesy grin.

Brighton crawled around splashing in the different pools!
Stella went down the slide several times with her obliging cousins Garrett and Josh!
The dads chilling outside the pool. Aren't they supposed to be swimming with the kids???




The BIG BBQ


After swimming we headed up to the cabin. We grilled up some grub and had a great time laughing at all the family pictures. My favorite is me in some overalls....what? I looked like I just came in from milking the cow. Miles and Stella really look forward to the never ending four wheeler rides. While we prefer hiking to the noise and dust of the four wheelers, it is fun to jump on and give the kids a thrill!



I love the helmets. Miles is waiting for Santa to bring him a four wheeler. It will be a long wait!
Brynna and Stella swinging on the deck.
Come on dad were ready to ride!





The BIG firework show


After all the fun at the cabin we headed home to see the big firework show seen from the ridge near our home. Spencer loaded the kids into the bike trailer and rode down to a grassy spot to watch the fireworks. Stella and Miles were so excited! They are not big on the home fireworks but they love the big flashy ones in the sky (at a safe distance). Some of the neighbors were there and they enjoyed scampering around with them, glow sticks in hand. I watched the fireworks from our porch while exhausted Brighton slept inside. I really don't like to make my babies miserable by keeping them up! So for now I am happy watching fireworks from my rocking chair on the porch in my PJ's. It was a great end to a great holiday. I am so thankful for a day set aside to celebrate America!
What are your fourth of July traditions?
Do you like big fireworks or lighting them at home?
Do you head for the big parades or chill in a small town?




















3 comments:

CB said...

We definitely chill in a small town..Brian Head, UT. We just returned home today. We left the beautiful 60 degree weather to return home to the one hundred teens..yuck!

Christy P. said...

I watched fireworks from my porch while my little one slept, too. It is really pleasant not to have to drive anywhere and be in crowds!

Rina said...

We have the perfect spot on our deck out back for firework spectating-- sometimes we can catch 3 or 4 different shows.