Thursday, July 31, 2008

Fresh Air Picnic





Picnics are the essence of summer fun! I really love to hang outside with the family, to hike, wade our feet in the cool stream and just breathe in some good old mountain air. For me the mountains are my therapy rejuvenating my spirits for whatever awaits me in the coming week! We weren't planning on getting wet but when there is water there is wet kids! We had a great time picnicking up AF canyon with my parents and sister! I was just waiting for one of them to go floating down the river and me chasing them down. It was really low and not fast moving but isn't that a parents worst fear. When I was a child my good cousin Peter and I decided we were plenty big to float down the swift river behind our cabin on our own. Needless to say my mom and aunt pulled some super women moves to get us out. And yes they were fully dressed and dripping from head to toe!!




*Do you find happiness or misery in mountain retreats?
*Have you ever fallen or jumped into a swift river?

5 comments:

CB said...

Happiness, happiness, happiness in mountain retreats! :)

Rina said...

Love the mountains--so peaceful and beautiful. I'm always amazed at how many stars there are-sounds silly I know but when you are in the mountains or at Lake Powell there are soooo many stars. Love it!

Mama Williams said...

O Happiness, Joy, Love, all of it. I grew up in the Mountains of Oregon and white water rafting. Love the water too. Can't remember falling in by accident. It was always on purpose. :)

Christie said...

Oh, how I love a mountain retreat.. Its fun to see my kids loving playing in the streams, throwing rocks, etc. since that was something I LOVED as a child.

Elly said...

We've just realized we never went camping once this year--and blame the baby. But a picnic...that's a good idea and much less packing!