Thursday, July 10, 2008

To Eternity and Beyond!!

HAPPY 10th ANNIVERSARY SHMOOPY. Warning...there is a lot of shmoopy in this entry. Today is my 10 year anniversary and I still thank the man upstairs that I was able to find and spend eternity with my soul mate. (so cliche but true) Spencer and I knew from the moment we started dating that we would get married. Spencer and I have always been friends. We love to do the same things and never run out of things to say to one another. I love that we could sit for hours and never have a silent moment. But if there was a pause we would still be communicating. We dated for three years before tying the knot. I will never forget how at ease I was on our wedding day. It felt so wonderful to take the next step into eternity. We were married in the Mount Timpanogas Temple on July 10, 1998. It was a beautiful sunny July day with a little cloud burst in the valley that luckily never reached us in the canyon for our garden reception. Spencer's grandpa Zobrist sealed us in the temple. His words were short and sweet but I will never forget the power I felt. After the ceremony Spencer could not stop kissing me all the way out. Making the temple workers giggle. We had a luncheon at Thanksgiving Point. And our reception was up South Fork in Provo Canyon. It was absolutely beautiful with carriage rides, paddle boats, and a live jazz band. Most guests stayed the entire time to enjoy the atmosphere. For me and Spencer it was a dream come true. We spent two weeks in Europe for our honeymoon. I will always be grateful that we did this. It was the most romantic place to celebrate! And now three kids later...I treasure those memories. Yes we could have bought a couch or something really boring with the money but those memories will last forever!!! Spencer and I did not have Stella until we had been married for five years. We had so much fun traveling, backpacking, going to school, and just loving each other. We are so grateful to have the three beautiful children that we have been blessed with. I still get those tingles when I am around Spencer. And you would think he was a 16 year old boy in love.





To celebrate today we are having dinner at Thanksgiving Point where we had our luncheon and then having desert on the Timpanogas Temple grounds. We are then loading up the kids and taking the whole family to celebrate 10 years in Cannon Beach, Oregon. In the fall or around Christmas, Spencer and I plan to jump on plane to Hawaii or Cancun with no kids!!!(When Brighton is a wee bit older).


This morning I placed notes professing 10 things I love about Spencer around the kitchen and his car. I know its cheesy but Spencer will tell you I am ooozing with it!!! I also put together 10 inexpensive things (since our big present will be our trip to somewhere warm) that remind me of Spencer into a tin can. Why a tin can?? Because the metal for 10 year anniversaries is tin or Aluminum. A metal that will bend but not break. I thought this was a great way to describe a marriage. We have to do some serious bending without breaking. Spencer is such a sweet husband and Dad. I am grateful he is not stubborn and bends backwards for our family. Because I have enough to go around!

Here are 10 things I love about Spencer and 10 things that remind me of Spencer. Of course I could go on and on. But I will minimize for the sake of carpel tunnel.


10 Things I love

1. He loves and adores me. And I love that he has nicknames for me.That to me shows someone really is affectionate for you.

2. He is my soul mate. We have an inside connection I could never explain.

3. He gives me hydrangeas (my favorite flower) for special occasions or when I just need them.

4. He is still attracted to me (like a teenage boy). And of course I think he is so handsome. I love his random hugs and kisses. The kids giggle and want to join in. I know that will change when they are teens.
5. He is the most wonderful and loving dad. The three munchkins adore him. He is magical when it comes to playing with them, calming them, and just plain loving them. He likes to pretend their a pain in the neck sometimes but he adores them. It was so amazing when Stella was born to see how much he loved her. I had only seen him love like that with me. Stella is a DADDY'S girl.

6. He is talented. In every way. I was first attracted to him when I saw him playing in a band. He is an extremely talented musician. He is also a good artist and I am always trying to get him to paint me a picture or sculpt something to put in my home. He is naturally good at most physical things like skiing, rock climbing, you name it.

7. He is handy. He can fix or build most anything. Although he really has let go of his construction upbringing. But I am always amazed at what he can do. He likes to tease and say I got the whole package.

8. He is intelligent. He is always reading. That is another thing that attracted me to him. He always had some book in his had and I would often catch him reading my biology books for FUN!! He got straight A's in college in classes like organic chemistry and calculus. Thus his quick and easy entry into Pharmacy school. He is a great pharmacist with integrity and great kindness.

9. He is Christlike and kind. A spirtitual giant. He always will listen to me and never lets me stay upset. His heart is huge. I have seen him hug and befriend a really rough character that would occasionally come to our old ward. Or put a jacket on an 80 year old man and help him into his car. Just to name a few.

1o. He is my friend. We have always just wanted to be together. Whatever we are doing. Hiking, cooking, sitting on the porch, surfing the net, we always want to be together.


10 Things that remind me of Spencer

1. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups

2. Gum

3. Compass (he is my GPS system)

4. IPOD speakers (He loves his computer and gadgets)

5. Art Pad

6. Book

7. Ibuprofen (because he is a pharmacist and because they cure his headaches!)

8. Guitar pick

9. Sprinkler (he once put in an entire sprinkling system)

10. Flashlights (We love to be outdoors and he is my light-CHEESE IS OOZING)


I love you Spencer and look forward to ETERNITY!!!


Do you give gifts according to the year of the anniversary?
What is you favorite anniversary memory?
Are we getting old or what...10 years????













8 comments:

LACI MICHELLE said...

I love the pictures! Happy Anniversary.

averett's said...

Happy Anniversary you guys!(and kristy you did get the year right unlike me!);) What an awesome husband! I don't get to see this side of spenc! Though I do think he is adorable with your kids! Hope you guys had a great anniversary and have a great vacation!

Rina said...

Happy Anni!!
Have fun on your trip--Emilie just back from there.
You always have the cutest blog entries--love it!!

Lisa R.D. said...

Happy Anniversary! It's amazing that you've hit the 10 year mark. I love the idea of aluminum/tin being the gift for 10 years, because it is so true--there has to be a lot of flexibility and compromise in a marriage. Thanks for sharing your fun day with all of us--I hope you had a great time on your outing and a wonderful time when you go on your big trip!

CB said...

Happy Anniversary! Loved this post..cheese and all...;p

Sunny said...

How sweet! Congratulations. It's so fun to be in love, even after all that time, eh? I'm dying you went to Cannon Beach. YOu have to know that is my favorite place on the planet. Seriously! We go there every other summer. I LOVE it. Let's talk about it when you get back. :)

Jen said...

Congrats! Can't wait to hear about your trip. I can't believe 10 years have passed since we were newlywed neighbors!

We are the Matthews! said...

It is so wonderful to have a love like that! Congrats. You are such a wonderful family. You both compliment each other so well! Have a great time!