Brighton and Will sharing toys!
Katie and Whitney chilling on the Grass!
Miles and Emma eating cracker jacks!
Miles was tumbling down the hill and wrestling with any random kid. He is pretty tough for being so small.
Eating cookie dough ice-cream. Take me out to the ballgame....will we ever go back??? About five pm last night all three of my kids were asleep exhausted from a day of swimming and sunshine. They opened a new pool in our neighborhood and we are taking full advantage of it. As I sat staring at the wall I contemplated whether or not I wanted to wake the kids and take them to a Bees Baseball game with some friends. Spencer wouldn't be able to make it until 8:30 so I told him not to worry about the game since it would probably end at 9pm. Well as the wall staring became more and more unappealing I woke the kids and loaded them into the car. Yes, I was on my way to a Bees game with three small children on my own. We were lucky enough to find a free parking spot and I met up with some of my friends. Harmon's grocery store offers a family night deal for three dollars per person rather than $10. So we got our tickets and headed to the stands. It was a beautiful night with the crack of the bat in the background and the smell of popcorn and peanuts in the air. Stella and Miles snuggled in with their friends and we peacefully watched the game for about five minutes. Miles discovered the little yellow train running in the grassy area and wasn't going to give up until we were chugging along. Brighton wanted to climb the cement stairs and proceeded to throw a tantrum fit for the Major League. STRIKE ONE! Ok...we are headed to the grassy area for ice-cream and a train ride. Also to let Brighton roam free. The rest of the group said they would join us later! So we enjoyed ice-cream out of a bees helmet on the grass (of which I ended up eating most of because Stella was really just interested in the helmet). And it was off to the train ride. The line was pretty long but there were fun things for the kids to do so we started to wait. As the kids rolled and wrestled on the hill I noticed that Miles was missing. He had somehow pushed his little body between the bars of the iron fence and was on the other side near a road! Needless to say it took a few obliging adults to help me get him back on the right side of the fence. STRIKE TWO! Then as we continued to wait and wait Brighton in his little umbrella stroller took a tumble on the grass hill. STRIKE THREE! We are out. I was ready to jump on that train and ride it home. These incidents don't include the numerous trips to bathroom, to get drinks, etc. But just as we got off the train my friends called and said they were on the grass beneath the big sign. So we joined them and the rest of the night went smoothly. The game didn't end until 10:15 so I should have encouraged Spencer to meet us there and he felt bad that our experience wasn't a big HIT! But after romping around on the grass and visiting with friends, while the game came to an exciting end, we had hit a home run.. The Bees won the game and maybe we will come back! But with Spencer next time. So root root root for the home team!


2 comments:
Oh Kristy...incidents like this are second nature in our fam! :) Nothing ever goes as smooth in real life as it does while being played out in my mind! It does sound like your day was busy and full of fun! We are lucky to make it through the day without melting..it is up in the hundred and teens down here...
You're brave! Sometimes it would be so much easier to just stay home, but it sounds like you had fun anyway.
Post a Comment