Every Spring I look forward to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point where thousands of bulbs are in full bloom (well 90 percent according to the bloomometer). It is an amazing spectacle to behold. Spring is so short and I try to soak it all up in its blaze of glory. This garden walk is a great way to celebrate spring. The kids love running through the secret garden, testing out all the fountains, feeding the fish, and of course the children's garden. They also brought their butterfly catcher to chase the pretty winged insects. There was a little maze in the children's garden that we actually got lost in. Stella was panicking but to her relief we finally met up and went back the way we came in. Flowers bring me so much happiness. I love the few tulips in my yard and I am determined to plant even more this fall. After frolicking around in the flowers for several hours (did that come out the wrong way?) anyways, we went and ate at the deli. They have great food and 25 cent ice cream cones for the children. Stella loves to sit up at the bar on the spin chairs. Seventy degrees, amazing scenery, plenty of fresh air, and good food. It was a good day.
The Miracle of Aaron
9 years ago

5 comments:
SO beautiful! We were up there last year when the Tulip festival was going on, but no tulips :(. Now I see what we really missed out on. I was so bummed. It was what I was looking forward to the most and tulips just happen to be my all time favorite flower.
Anyway, maybe we'll hit it next year! Agreed though, this weather is lovely.
Your a late nighter like me. Your right. Last year was not a year of full bloom. I think it was an extra cold Utah spring! You will have to go again.
I'm so glad you posted about this. I've been wanting to go but wasn't sure what to expect. I will be going for sure now. It looks so beautiful.
We were just there too! Haven't posted my pictures yet. It was a gorgeous day. So glad we went. The secret garden was our favorite spot and someone was painting too. Lot's of fun!
Beautiful colors!! Your pics are great. :)
Post a Comment