Sunday, April 12, 2009

There is Beauty all Around


And here is Round Two of our Easter Celebration! And a serious amount of pictures to document it. The Easter Bunny came to our house. And boring old mom gave them scripture book marks and scripture story books about Christ and the BOM. Actually they loved everything and are still young enough to feel the magic.

Sleepy eyed but excited for Easter Sunday. After digging through the basket treasures we had a little lesson Easter egg hunt. I put little pictures depicting the last week of Christs Life in eggs (along with candy) and hid them around the room. Of course one was empty to represent the empty tomb. The kids really loved this and while still a little confused by the whole story they are very clear that Christ is alive and lives in Heaven now.

Out the door on our way to church in the new Easter duds.

But not before a major photo shoot. Although it is near impossible to capture all three.


Our Easter queen in yellow and curls.

I loved these little linen suits. A priceless picture of brothers. Do they look related?


Look up Brighty. Say cheese.


The Easter egg.


This picture makes me laugh every time I look at it. The one in the middle is such a character. I love that four year old guy (his new nickname since the birthday).



We had Stake Conference today and there were a lot of wonderful talks (those clips I actually heard). But all this excitement can really be exhausting. Brighton promptly fell asleep after eating his lunch.



The second Easter egg hunt with the Carters. My mom always has a wonderful and traditional Easter meal with all the trimmings. And then hides over three hundred eggs. Brighton ran around yelling EGG EGG!


Stella was happy to find four dollars in quarters and bills in her eggs.


Miles was just happy to eat and eat and eat the candy. I think chocolate is permanently tattooed in his little chubby cheeks.



A rare picture of all three.



And the conclusion of the hunt with the cousin discovering what is inside the eggs.


We had a wonderful Easter. The tulips were blooming and the sun shining. I hope your sugar high lasts at least all week. I think I am going to go hide the candy right now!

2 comments:

CB said...

Such beauties in their Easter duds!! Your kids are just adorable!

Kristy said...

Thanks Corey. They stay all dolled up for about five minutes!