The Crew at the Wedding-Mom, Michelle holding her son Bronco (my sister),Michelle (sister -n-law), Jay (Brother), Dad, and Baby Brighton
Peter and Katie Briggs exchanging vows with ocean as back drop!
Spending our days at the beach.
Brighton spent a good amount of time in the stroller and always smiling. Babies were really a novelty in Laguan Beach!
Sweet baby!This weekend I went with my sister and parents to my cousin Peter's wedding in Laguna Beach, California! (Brighton went along for the ride as well.) Spencer was a real great sport and stayed behind with Stella and Miles. But not to worry they were having a great time kayaking on the lake, going to summer parties, baptisms, etc. Every time I talked to Miles he wanted to know if I got him a speed racer car! I actually got him a really cool surf car. I love hearing there innocent sweet voices on the phone.
The trip was great! We stayed up a little canyon in Laguna Beach near a golf course. We walked to the beach everyday! I was only there for three days so we took advantage of relaxing and enjoying the fun beach town of Laguna. There are tons of cool little shops to walk around in. I wanted to buy a lot of cute clothes but refrained since I only had a small suitcase to take home on the plane. The bakeries and little unique restaurants were very tasty. We enjoyed sampling many flavors often sitting outside and overlooking something beautiful like the ocean or golf course. Brighton was such a sweet boy. He loved the ocean. Every time a wave would crash he would squeal and wave his arms. He would laugh when I put his feet in the water! I had a great time swimming in the ocean getting beat up by the waves. When I got home a bucket of sand fell from my suit!
The wedding was very fancy! It was at a resort right on the beach in Laguna. Peter is a cousin that I was good friends with growing up. He always loved all my friends and even dated some as an adult. But he found a perfect match for him! The wedding ceremony was on a balcony overlooking the ocean. After the ceremony they served hors d'oeuvres and of course the bar opened up. The reception was beautiful and the food was wonderful. But I must say...probably not worth the moola! During a wedding slide show of the happy couple it really made me reflect upon my own marriage of ten years. I really am lucky to have such a wonderful mate and the love of my life by my side. I am also so grateful for an eternal marriage. Attending civil marriages, while beautiful, always remind me how important my temple marriage is. The temple ceremony is so short but is so significant and final. No matter how much they say at civil weddings it never seems complete to me. We stayed for the fun but as the party really got going we snuck out! I really love Peter and wish him all the happiness. He is off to Europe for his honeymoon today! Lucky dog. Spencer and I also spent two weeks in Europe for our honeymoon. There is not a more romantic place to celebrate your new life together. I am so glad we did it before our three kids. Now, as they grow I hope to share lots of places in the world with them!

4 comments:
I'm jealous!!!
Me too! That looks awesome. It's amazing that we've been married ten years now. It seems like not that long ago that we lived next door as newlyweds!
Sweet post Kristy! I'm glad you and Spence have each other. (BTW, I am Spencer's cousin I found your blog through Heather.)
What a fun place to get wed, but of course nothing beats a temple marriage. Love Europe, and on a honeymoon, even better!
Post a Comment