Happy Birthday Mikayla!
The big slide!
Cupcake mustache!
Give me that camera mom!
Scrub a dub dub!
Stella and Miles washing clothes in a tub!
Washing clothes is great fun.
Amanda, Kate, and (baby Lucy)
Sunny and Josh!
Check out that peacock!
Emma, Ce Ce, Ellie, and Clayson
Miles and Stella discovering the baby chicks!
Sweet little lamb nibbling Brighton.So much for a relaxing summer. Almost everyday is filled with multiple activities. Last Saturday we had six events but had to simplify and only attend three. But don't get me wrong..I love to be busy and moving! I am the farthest thing from a home body. So as you can imagine it took some thought when I made the choice to hang with my kids at home. But of course it came down to those sweet little angels. I could never leave it up to someone else to raise them and miss out on those precious short years. It can be a challenge with three 5 and under but despite the frustrations the rewards really outweigh by a landslide. When I look into their faces I see these little people that I know have always been a part of me not just the few years we have been together as a family.
Well yesterday was no exception for fun summer activities. We took a trip up to This is the Place Heritage Park with about 50 of my neighbors. We had so much fun (despite the heat) riding around on the train, visiting the petting farm, doing pioneer chores, and soaking up the great setting. Stella and Miles actually thought it was great fun to wash clothes by hand and hang them on the clothes line. Maybe I should do this at home.
After the field trip we sped down to my nieces birthday party! She had an ice cream birthday party and we made three different kinds of ice cream! Yum! Stella and Miles had a great time swimming and going down the giant blow up slide. They loaded up on candy after smashing the ice cream pinata!
Despite are busy ways we are finding time to sit on the porch and unwind after the kids have gone to dreamland. I really love summer nights, crickets chirping, Spencer strumming, rocking porch chairs, and a little lemonade.
Do you like crazy or lazy summer days?
Have you made the trek to historic This is the Place park?
Are you enjoying the heat?

3 comments:
I love summer days..crazy or lazy! I just love the feeling of not having to deal with the whole "getting out the door" routine so early for school!
I'm REALLY sad we missed out on the fun of Heritage State park. Lucky for large sunglasses because a few tears escaped as we left. I felt so bad for taking my kids up and having to leave.
It looks like you guys had a great time.
Why did you have to leave??I didn't know that you even came up!!
Post a Comment