Friday, October 2, 2009

Gone Fishing

Have you ever had one of those days where you just want to hang a sign on the door that says... GONE FISHING!

Well that is the sort of day that had us packing up our gear and heading to the Snyder family cabin for a little family fishing trip. I can not even describe the beauty of the leaves nor could I capture them in photograph. But they were more bright and spectacular than I had seen in a long time! Fairview canyon was alive with bright reds, oranges, and yellows. Some of the quakies were multi-colored. It felt so good to be up in the crisp air surrounded by my little family. As we sat soaking in the sun Miles pipes up and says "Mom, it is a beautiful day!" It was a beautiful fall day. Spencer's parents were there as well. And Grandfather caught six fish! He got up earlier than us. Stella was lucky enough to catch one as well. We grilled up those fish with the Carter clan the next day where my fish loving family was so happy to have fresh trout!




4 comments:

Rina said...

Brittan is admiring your pictures...she says you always have great pictures and Stella always looks so cute. I can't wait for a drive in the canyons...we need a family cabin. It's on my wish list.

sachia said...

I'm currently in the process of making a premanent "gone fishing" sign on my front door. Sounds fabulous. When I read your blog I feel like you guys are always on vacation! I find myself bracing myself because I never know what adventure I will be reading about next and THEN I realize how incredibly boring my life is and then start getting inspired to do something about it. It's a small disaster eversingle flippin' time.

Kristy said...

Oh Sachia...your life is anything but boring!!!Life can seem to have a lot of hum drum moments with small kids... especially with three of them. I think you pack that little cutie around quite a bit yourself! LOL

CB said...

It is always nice to just get away....been having a few of those days myself over the past few weeks and sometimes feel it is all I can do to get through the day. :)