We Snyder's love our soup...creamy tomato basil, corn chowder, chicken noodle, etc. And this zesty soup is no different. It follows most of my food rules listed in the previous post. Except for maybe the bouillon and that you can substitute for vegetable or chicken stock. And some of the options could be omitted but that is why they are options. I love this soup with nothing else on it. It is fresh, clears the sinuses, and leaves me filling full and satisfied. Not to mention it is very nutrient dense and not calorie dense. So if your family considers soup a meal...enjoy! I usually make some quesadillas , salad, and some sort of fruit on the side. And yes my kids will eat this!
Black Bean Tortilla Soup
In a large pot saute:
2 T. olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 medium onion, chopped
Saute until opaque, then add:
8 cups water
2 T. chicken bouillon
3 cups salsa (whichever heat you like-I like any fresh salsa)
1 cup cilantro, chopped
3 small Italian zucchini, chopped
1 cup corn
1 can black beans, drained
Simmer on medium heat for 30 minutes.
Optional:
- Top with a dollop of sour cream, sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese, slices of avocado, chopped tomatoes, chopped green onions, and crushed tortilla chips.


2 comments:
Happy New Year!! :) Just caught up on your blog. :) You have the best posts....and thanks for the yummy recipe! I am definitely trying this one! :)
I've been looking for a good black bean soup.. I'll have to try this one :-) Hope all is well!
Post a Comment