Sunday, March 29, 2009

Food, Flying, Fun

Snow, Snow all week and then finally SUN! I couldn't believe that it warmed up just in time for Miles and Stella's family birthday picnic. This year I decided to combine the family party since their birthdays are only two weeks apart. We really appreciate all the family joining at a fun park in our neighborhood for some tasty picnic grub and flying kites. Have I mentioned that I LOVE spring. One reason is that I love flying kites. All three kids had a great time with their cousin buddies. It was a little cool at 60 degrees but it felt great in the sunshine! And so much better than the snow and 40 degree weather we have been having all week.There was just enough wind to fly the kites and still be pleasant outdoors. We got lucky. And I feel so LUCKY to have such sweet munchkins and great family. Two parties down and one last party for Miles with his little buddies.
Here are some pics of their cake (a kite for each one) and the rest of the festivities! This is a great park with a fun hill to climb, playground, splash park, field and pavilion. The downside is that the bathrooms are locked the majority of time! We weren't' the only group out flying kites on this beautiful spring day.

3 comments:

Lisa R.D. said...

I love the tradition of a family picnic, and your kite cakes were too cute!

Kristy said...

It is a fun tradition as long as the weather cooperates!

LACI MICHELLE said...

That is so cute! I love the cupcakes.