Thursday, March 5, 2009

Chitter Chatter


I ADORE this baby boy! Sadly I really can't call Brighton a baby anymore but he is my babe. This past week he graduated to nursery! HOORAY! Not that I don't enjoy a little world wide wrestling and marathon running in the halls of the church. He did really well and I just hope he continues to like his class. When I asked if he blew bubbles in class, ate snacks, played with toys, etc he nodded enthusiastically. This boy is a chatter box. All three of my wee ones have talked early but this kid is hilarious. (I realize that we find our own children way more entertaining than others find them.) He repeats everything we say, it is like having a parrot in the house. Even if I am talking to Spencer you hear this little echo in the background. For posterity sake, here are a few of the fun things he blurts out on a regular basis;


SALSA

CHOCOLATE

SHUT IT (as in close the cupboard, drawer, dishwasher, box, and garbage that he is digging in)
WHERE IS IT

LOVE YOU

STELLLLA

IPOD (you know you live in the 21 century when your 18month old says this)

CELL PHONE

THERE YOU GO

BOOK BOOK (This kid LOVES books and will sit and listen for as long as you will read)

BLANKIE AND BINKI

CEREAL IN A BAG

NO..with a smirk (a favorite of his)

DOG DOG

WAS' THAT

I WANT THAT

OUTSIDE

PLEASE (while doing the sign for more)
THANK YOU

CHEESE (with a really cheesy grin)

SUCKER

This is just small number of words that make me smile. His vocabulary grows in leaps everyday and I realize his baby days are vanishing. But he does love to snuggle and be toted around. AND HE WILL ALWAYS BE A MAMMA'S BOY. He he. A girl can hope.

So here is a little clip of mom trying to come up with some words for the little monkey to perform.


3 comments:

averett's said...

Sooooo Sweet!

Melanie said...

What a fun age! He is such a cutie and has quite a vocabulary for 18 months.

sachia said...

Oh Kristy, he is cuuuuuuuuuute! I am mourning his baby days for you. I find his words that he loves to say a fun read. Thanks for sharing with us crazy bloggers. What a great way to peep into our friends lives.