Monday, March 9, 2009

Booger Bead

Last Friday on the way to the Legacy Center swimming pool Stella informed me that she had stuck a bead up her nose. WHAT???? A bead I thought, it is small it probably went down her throat and it will make its way through her digestive system. So we went and had a great time swimming for almost four hours with my sister and her kids. When we got home Stella said the bead was still up her nose but she had forgotten about it while we were swimming. So Spencer got out his handy dandy dental light and we checked out her dark slimy nose hole. And sure enough, at the the end of the tunnel was something shiny and pretty. PRETTY STUCK that is. We did attempt to get it with tweezers but that thing was so far up it was not budging. We didn't want to push it back further so Stella and I headed to KIDSCARE while Spencer hung at home with the sleeping boys. I took the camera but after we got there and they started shoving large forceps and things up my baby girl's nose, it didn't feel much like a Kodak moment. The pediatrician could not see it at first and was having a really difficult time pinpointing its location. So he brought in some help!! He asked me to blow on her mouth in an effort to push the bead at least a little. But there was no such luck. I could tell he was getting frustrated. She was trying so hard not to cry and so was I. Can you imagine some huge forceps and light up your nose. It is quite sensitive. Finally he blew on her mouth and loosened it a little. And just when he was about to send us to a ear nose throat Dr. he got a hold of and pulled out a dime sized SHINY PURPLE BEAD! We were all so happy! Especially Stella. That booger was blocking her entire nasal passage. Needless to say, she won't be sticking anything in her nose again!

6 comments:

Melanie said...

OUCH!! I'm glad that's over. At least she told you. I can think of at least one of my children who wouldn't have said anything until it became infected or something.

Jenny said...

Dang, that's a big booger! I'm glad you got it out before any major problems!

averett's said...

Oh my! I know it's not funny but it did make me laugh! Poor Stella!

Kristy said...

It is funny...just the pain part that makes you wince a little!

Jen said...

Poor Stella. I guess that lesson was learned the hard way!

CB said...

I so hope I NEVER have to deal with a situation like that! :)