Sunday, January 18, 2009

What are Tears Made Of?


I find my three kids bring me to or near to tears for many reasons. I am a pretty tough lady and after my first baby entered this world I started to wear my emotions on my sleeve. And it is amazing the spectrum that can drum up such intense feelings!


Stella loves to make new characters on the Wii. Today I noticed a cute boy named Tyrone and asked Stella, "who is that"?? "Oh that is a handsome boy Tyrone," she replied in a giddy love sick way. "He is going to marry Cutie Pie" (her character). NO!!! She has never been boy crazy just looked at boys as pals. I wanted to cry, she is getting so big.


We headed to the new park in our neighborhood that is right on the lake. It was a beautiful winter day. Brighton went down the slide a hundred times. Just as he was really getting good he stood up at the bottom..slipped and bit his lip badly. Blood everywhere. I wanted to cry!! But that didn't stop him from going down a hundred more times!


Miles just loves those Costco size boxes of cheese crackers. And he also just loves to spill the entire box all over the newly swept kitchen floor. I wanted to cry. But my kids are so sweet they all said we will help and picked every last one up!


I am a true sentimental fool and when I dance around my bedroom with the kids, music blaring... I mean really dance I just find tears of joy welling up. Those are the moments a mom lives and keeps breathing for!


And as the day comes to a close we bathe the little tykes. The foam alphabet letters are a favorite. They especially love to stick them on each other! Miles stuck the letter F and letter B on Stella and then proceeded to say.."Look your an F n B! I laughed so hard that yes...tears were streaming from my face.


So what are my tears made of these days; love, pain, frustration, joy and laughter! All brought on by the family that surrounds me. I wouldn't trade it!!

4 comments:

Tara said...

What a sweet post. I feel your pain, joy, frustration, etc. It's much more wild and crazy than I ever imagined, yet rewarding!

Such innocence (FnB). I wish they could stay that innocent forever. I can't stop laughing!

CB said...

Loved this and can relate all so well. :)

Angie said...

I love this post! I can't even muster up the energy to blog Christmas, yes I just barely got it done and you are doing these sweet posts! Yes, tears, lots of them. I especially feel that pain when they get hurt. I want to cry and I feel like I've been kicked in the stomach, the joy and pain of motherhood!

sachia said...

I can barely get through your post without tearing up myself. You write so well, I feel like I'm there with ya. So cute!