Friday, January 2, 2009

Ringing in 2009

A NEW YEAR and my 100th POST!! So what does 50 (very random) significant events about my last year + 50 things I resolve to at least think about in the next year =
100 reasons to look forward to a GREAT and EVENTFUL 2009!
Remembering 2008....
1. Voting for a new president!
2. Stella started kindergarten
3. Miles started pre-school
4. Miles learned to write his name
5. Stella learned to read!
6. My baby Brighton turned 1!
7. Brighton learned to walk.
8. Brighton said his first words!
9. I started teaching again!
10. Hiking to Delicate Arch with the Kiddos.
11. Flying kites and roasting marshmallows at Cannon Beach
12. My 10 year anniversary!
13. Reading great books.
14. A trip to Mexico with no kids!
15. Buying an elliptical machine and vowing to use it!
16. Doing service at the temple
17. Our church was finished!
18. A new calling in the Young Women's Program
19. Picking up the guitar again.
20. Getting a fancy new camera (if only I could really...use it)
21. Recovering from lithotripsy-those darn kidney stones.
22. Weaning Brighton-not a baby anymore!
23. Spencer makes a job change and opens a new pharmacy.
24. Learning to make good curry.
25. Taking Stella skiing.
26. Stella becomes proficient in swimming!
27. Teaching a nutrition course for the first time.
28. Finding a cure for my annoying skin or at least a really good treatment-Thank you aquaphor.
29. Reconnecting with old friends.
30. Becoming an official BLOGGER!
31. A Bullock Thanksgiving reunion.
32. Spencer's Grandpa Zobrist passed away-attended the funeral in Las Vegas.
33. Stella at least tries to ride a bike with no training wheels.
34. Attended the funeral of a dear Friend, Katie Packard.
35. Stella made a soccer goal and Miles kicks the ball.
36. Finished Stella and Miles Baby scrapbooks. Started Brighton's.(I don't really love to scrapbook but love all the pics)
37. Attended my cousin Peter's wedding in Laguna Beach.
38. Learned how to scrapbook digitally (this is my thing)
39. Staying in some great cabins and doing some great hiking in Capital Reef.
40. Dressing up as the Speed Racer family for Halloween.
41. The swimming pool is open in Daybreak!
42. Stella becomes a star ballerina.
43. I join the PTA and room mom's organizations.
44. I get my first baby's grades and it was a "STELLAR" report
45. Miles is Potty Trained!
46. I start running again...if only I would keep doing it.
47. My very first ipod.
48. Getting family pictures done.
49. Attended Princess on Ice for Stella's 5th Birthday!
50. I was born 32 years ago-I am officially 30 something.

I resolve to or at least resolve to try in 2009 ....
1. Eat healthier or not eat sweets everyday!
2. Exercise more (there I got those two out of the way)
3. Be a fun and energetic mother...I may need to start drinking diet coke-ha!
4. Read more books.
5. Attend the temple more.
6. Finish the Book of Mormon (again)
7. Study the Bible
8. Go somewhere I have never been.
9. Develop my musical inner self.
10. Write.
11. Practice patience...practice makes perfect.
12. More date nights with the husband.
13. More individual time with each child.
14. Take a photography class or read the manual.
15. Become a Wii Fit pro.
16. Pray and pray some more.
17. Have a smile to share 365 days.
18. Drink a lot of water-no more kidney stones.
19. Enjoy the kids while they are small.
20. Get a massage-Never have done it.
21. Ski in the fresh powder.
22. Improve my teaching skills.
23. Make someone's day.
24. Go to bed earlier-It is midnight.
25. Stay up on current events.
26. Listen to more NPR.
27. Attend a really good concert with my Spencey!
28. Teach the kiddos a new skill.
29. Plan a reunion with some old friends.
30. Volunteer in Stella's school.
31. Volunteer more.....
32. Catch up on my laundry and housework-oh wait scratch that!
33. Grow a salsa garden in the community gardens or in the backyard.
34. Learn to bottle good salsa.
35. Hike and camp at every opportunity!
36. Digital scrapbook.
37. Help Miles get ready for reading.
38. Get Stella to ride a bike without training wheels!
39. Saying goodbye to Brighton's Binky.
40. Attend a good play.
41. Read great classic novels with the kids.
42. Take Miles to see real race cars in motion.
43. Spend less and save more moola.
44. Model my mom in parenting.
45. Travel.
46. Be kind.
47. Less screen time for the whole family.
48. FHE every week!
49. More bubble baths.
50. Take a deep breath.

OUR NEW YEARS EVE CELEBRATION

Here is how we rang in the New Year...We took the whole family up to the Homestead in Midway for a great winter getaway! My sister's family and my parents joined us for our big new year welcome!
We ate Fanny's Grill and our New Years Eve feast was very good. I ate the pesto chicken while Spencer got the grilled salmon. Afterwards we went to my sister's room for some craft time. The kiddos decorated hats and created some very cute noise makers.
The most handsome new years boy...
And prettiest new years girl!

The big countdown (at 9pm)! HAPPY NEW YEAR!


We did a lot of swimming. Spencer and I even braved the cold to run to the natural mineral bath outside! Brrr.....

It is so beautiful in Midway. Here is Brighton checking out the ducks. He was barking at them as they swam in their steamy pond.


The water was warmer than the air!



Inside the crater. I think this is such a cool feature of the Homestead. We have swam in the crater in the past but skipped it this visit. The kids were a little freaked out!

The family minus me and my sister (the photographers).

Family trips are so exhausting for the wee ones. Sweet baby.

We had a great time ice-skating at the Midway ice rink.


Stella was speeding along the edge. She didn't want me to hold her hand!


I have grown, changed, and stayed the same in many ways in 2008! I look forward to collecting some memories in 2009! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

3 comments:

Christy P. said...

I can help with the bottling salsa! We put up over 50 pints this year I think...pickles, too!

Lisa R.D. said...

I loved your list. I'm so sorry to hear you had to have lithotripsy... I've had it before and it is no fun (kidney stones never are) so I'll be there with you on the "drink more water" and I must try out aquifer... is it a prescription cream or just OTC?

Kristy said...

I actually spelled it wrong..it is aquaphor and it is otc. It is handy having a pharmacist in the family. Spencer brought it home one day and so I gave it a try. I have severe psoriasis and it got rid of it!! I have spent $100s on light therapy and steroid cremes. Crazy an otc ointment would work. I could be their poster girl.