It has been a crazzzyy....week but a lot of fun too! Last night was New Beginnings and it was a SWEET occasion. For those of you not in the Young Women world, they have added a new value-Virtue and the color is gold. The new general theme for the year is found in 1 timothy 4:12 and reads (the short version) "Be thou an example of the believers in word.., in conversation.., in charity.., in spirit.., in faith.., in purity.." So we decided to do a Chocolate Factory of Values, gold tickets and all! For invites we gave the girls candy bars with homemade wrappers with all the event info and gold tickets of virtue inside. At the event we had a really nice program with a special musical number from the girls, a slide show presentation about the YW program by all the leaders, YW testimonies, and Bishop Remarks. The spirit was very strong! We talked a lot about the significance of the new value VIRTUE and the theme for the year. Everything was adorned with the theme down to the candy bags and we gave them this really hip chunky chain bracelet with a charm that says "believe". After the program the girls signed a contract (just like Willy Wonka) agreeing to set and reach achievable goals with the help of their parents and leaders in 2009. After they were all signed in and with their golden ticket of virtue they were free to roam the candy factory of values...or a candy bar with candy in the colors of the values and of course it wouldn't be a chocolate factory without a chocolate fountain. Luckily no one got sucked up into the fountain! At the candy bar we framed vinyl lettering of all the values and the corresponding scripture. We also put ideas for 10 hours projects for each of the values. The chocolate fountain was the place to be. It brought such a fun buzzz....in the air. Everyone stayed late and really had a great time! I am so glad it turned out so well.
Well if that wasn't enough...tonight I gave my students a test and then headed to enrichment cooking club to teach about healthy eating and vegetarian options for meals. I made eggplant Parmesan, pesto bruchetta, spinach wraps, mixed greens, and the host mad a trifle. All very tasty and fun. I got some good cooking tips as well.
Tomorrow it is dinner to a neighbor with a new baby. And then it is off to the temple and out to dinner with YW presidency and for my Friend Katie's birthday.
Friday is my nephews birthday party at Kangaroo Zoo.
Saturday is skiing with Spencer...yeah!
And that off course is in between, cleaning, laundry, feeding, bathing, running to school and activities, three sick kids and being sick myself!
And so I laugh in the face of those that say... stay at home moms sit around and eat bon bons while watching Oprah! HA! (whoever "they" are) Although that does sound nice right about now minus watching the tube.

6 comments:
WOW is right. You have been one busy lady. I've never served in Young Women's, but it sounds like sooooo much work.
I'm glad they loved it. That chocolate fountain is making my mouth water.
I'm only able to blog so much because I have that darn broken leg and cannot drive. The 2 month old babe kind of makes me a homebody as well and I go a little stir crazy. You know we still live in our townhome, so it gets a little cramped some days. I am grateful for it, don't get me wrong.
Get feeling better and enjoy the skiing!
Whew! I'm tired just reading about it. Your YW activity sounds wonderful! You made it so fun for the girls. Have a fun week!
I can't believe you had the energy to blog about it last night! YW was lovely. Liz is really excited and I'm mentally preparing myself for a 12 year old daughter and all that encompasses.
Thank you for teaching cooking group! It was fantastic! So easy and yummy too... you are an amazing and busy woman. Thanks again for sharing so much with me!
Wow--sounds like you are crazy busy right now! What lucky young women to have you as a leader. Have fun skiing!
Oh my goodness... I feel exhausted after reading your post! What a crazy week you have had... and we all know that it is pretty representative of how life is for you (and most of us moms). I loved all of your ideas for New Beginnings... Young Women in Excellence isn't too far away... I'll have to keep a mental note to visit this post when we are planning.
Thanks for all the great ideas and the inspiration to keep going (I'm sick too... and don't feel like doing a whole lot!).
I'm with Lida RD and exhausted but you are so fun that I want to be in your YW group! What a good idea!!!! I'm so glad you saw my friend Stella!!! Both Stella's are adorable and teh cool thing is I don't know ANY little Stella's! She is too cute. :)
Post a Comment