Monday, December 15, 2008

Family Nights in December

No room in the inn??

Lets get building...

And sampling the materials!

(Spencer is REALLY excited about their accomplishment)


Check out this sweet pad that is available!


There are so many fun family nights in December. I love telling the nativity story to the kids over and over. This particular family night we talked about how Christ was born in a stable because there was no room in the inn. After our "lesson" we built a gingerbread house for Christ and made room for him in our sweet home! Another favorite is our annual birthday party for Jesus complete with singing and cake. We write down what we are giving Christ this year, wrap it up, and place it under the tree as the first gift placed under the tree. It will also be the last one we open up. (not original, I know, but fun!) Hooray for traditions and having Christ at the heart of our holiday season!

3 comments:

Lisa R.D. said...

What a great tradition. I always say I want to do something more meaningful with my kids to help them get it, but we haven't found the one that we all feel compelled to continue--I love this idea though! Merry Christmas!

Kristy said...

Traditions are hard to establish and we have had plenty come and go. Although I do love them.

CB said...

Such a sweet idea. Hooray for the holidays!!