Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Christmas Ballet



One of my favorite Christmas activities is to attend the Nutcracker with sweet Stella! Two of my nieces were in it this year so it was fun to support them. Grandma and Grandpa Carter came as well as my sister and her family! I love to see Stella's face light up with each new costume and scene. We love the winter scene complete with falling snow and the fog filling the stage. I love the live music although it is a bit of a lullaby for me especially at night! Stella sits on the edge of her seat cheering.

5 comments:

CB said...

Oh, The Nutcracker is a favorite of mine too. I danced in it for 2 years when i was a kid...I regret ever stopping! :) I will email you my address today...I also need your's! :) Merry Christmas!!

Rina said...

How young was she when you started?? I'd like to start that with my Em--next year I think.

Kristy said...

Last year was my first year when she was four and she was absolutely thrilled with the show!

Lisa R.D. said...

What a fun tradition--I want to start doing something like that with Olivia too. How early in the season do you have to buy tickets?

Kristy said...

I don't think that you have to buy them too early. My sister always gets them for us because her girls are in it. But the first part of December is fine! This one was put on by the Utah Ballet Company at the Covey center in Provo and I have been to Ballet West in SLC as well. Both are fantastic and so fun for little girls made of sugar and spice.