We have been trying to prepare Stella for making the big decision to become baptized. So the day following her eighth birthday we went on a little church tour in downtown Salt Lake City. We wanted her to learn a little bit more about the church she was choosing to join. It almost felt like a mini vacation being in the center of the city and Miles thought we were no longer in Utah. I really do love the city life. Our first stop was at the Beehive house, Brigham Young's home. This was Stella's first time and she seemed very interested in the history and details of the home. Miles was equally excited and Brighton was just full of energy. My mom joined us in our adventure. After our tour here we went and ate lunch at the Lion House right next door. We walked the temple grounds, through the Joseph Smith Memorial Building, and made our way over to the Church History Museum. This museum is full of wonderful information and LDS artifacts. I really love the kids portion of the museum, where they can build Nephi's ship, ancient temples, etc. It is a great learning tool and so much fun for the kids. It releases a lot of that pent up energy from all our tours. I think this is a new family tradition for each child as they turn 8!!

The Miracle of Aaron
9 years ago

4 comments:
Kristy....I absolutely love all the cool things you do with your kids!! They are pretty dang lucky to have cool parents like you guys.
Thanks Lisa! Nice to see you over in our neck of the woods.
You are a very cool mom!!! I wanted to click "like" on this. :)
Corey- I think it is a facebook world isn't it?!! I hope the blog world doesn't die.
Post a Comment