Thursday, March 25, 2010

Painting the wall RED

In honor of Stella and Miles' birthday celebration we did a little redecorating in their rooms. It is amazing how much a little paint and decor can change a room. I found some great art work for both rooms and had fun picking out new bedding. All three kids were so happy for a fresh look in their space. And of course the bunk bed is a hot item. It was a big step for me to take down the crib after 7 years and three kids. But Brighton is doing great in the bunk bed. He has rolled out a few times and even ended up with a bloody nose once. But for the most party he says it is "comfy" and stays safely in the bed. Miles was happy to have race car models and art filling up his room. The pillows have "race car numbers" with their current age on them. Stella wanted a pink butterfly room and so this is our version of that! She picked out the bedding and loves all the butterfly stuff including butterfly tea cups (difficult to see the detail in the pic). Finishing this project has given me some motivation to do other projects around the casa. But not too soon.






6 comments:

Lisa R.D. said...

Cute rooms! I love the way it feels to get home projects done!

Seth and Karen said...

Ohh! So cute! I love redecorating. It all looks so good. Luckey kids. Hopefully it makes bedtime easier because they love to be in their "new" rooms!

Kristy said...

Thanks. So nice to get a project done.

Tara said...

I LOVE the kids rooms. How fun for them. I feel like I will never get the kids rooms done. The girls room is almost there, but it is taking FOREVER. I have butterflies in their room too. I love the shiny gold butterflies on Stella's wall, where did you get those, if you don't mind me asking?

Good job Kristy. I needed to see this to re-motivate myself to get it done!

Kristy said...

Hey Tara
They are actually mirrors. I ordered them on amazon through a company called roomates I believe. How is you house coming along?

CB said...

Awesome! Loved both rooms! :) Great job.