Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Dr. Suess in Green

In honor of Dr. Seuss' birthday in March I was able to read to Miles' pre-school class today! He was more than excited to have his mom there (I am sure that will not always be the case). And since it was St. Patrick's day I chose two Dr. Seuss books involving the color green. The first was Oobleck about a king who was tired of the typical things that fell from the sky and wanted something new. So his magicians did their magic and before long green slime or Oobleck was falling from the sky causing all sorts of trouble. It took the King's magic words of "I'm sorry" to get the Oobleck to stop falling from the sky. So I pulled out of my magic leprechaun hat some squishy Oobleck for the kids to feel (they have been also learning about the five senses). They all agreed that they preferred our weather the way it was! We also talked about the book Green Eggs and Ham. The kids got to pull a chocolate green egg from the magic leprechaun hat. I had fun in my animated reading voice and hope my kids will always have a love for books!

2 comments:

Seth and Karen said...

So fun. I love reading, it's a big hit in our house. I can't wait for times like that with my kids. So precious!

Kristy said...

I do enjoy helping out at their schools whenever I can! It is a fun age.