Monday, November 30, 2009

Christmas in the City

This year we got started with our Christmas festivities right away. We made a visit to the homeless shelter downtown with all the items we had collected and then headed over to Temple Square to see the lights! There is nothing like being downtown during the Christmas season. Miles said "whoa look at that Christmas tree shooting out of that building and look, that one has a giant gun (crane)!" We literally ran all over temple square just trying to keep up with Brighton. While the crowd was peacefully enjoying the nativity story and watching the life size nativity light up...Spencer was busy chasing Brighton INSIDE the fenced off area. I am still laughing at that vision. He was just going to give baby Jesus a kiss. After that, much to his dismay, Brighton was strapped into the backpack. We particularly loved the nativities from around the world, first created when the Olympics came to town and all the water fountains. I think the kids enjoyed the doughnuts after just as much as the hustle and bustle of Christmas in the City.

4 comments:

Seth and Karen said...

Isn't it great to live so close to such a beautiful place. It's one of my favorites!

sachia said...

Thanks for sharing your Christmas on Temple Square pictures. The Christmas lights are always fun to walk around and see. They do such a great job, never mind it's 19 degrees outside. :)

CB said...

Last year was the 1st time I had ever been to Temple Square with all the lights up. I was amazed by it. Loved it. :) If I lived in Salt Lake I would go ALL the time. :)

Christie said...

I'm so glad we went right after Thanksgiving when it was still 45 degrees instead of 10!