I have worked in the Young Women's Program for about 9 years now (with a few short breaks when we switch wards). So this is about the 9th Young Women in Excellence that I have been in charge of. I really love working with the youth and there are some amazing, strong and talented young women out there. Especially right here in my neighborhood. This year we had the really cool opportunity to be apart of a church wide temple celebration at the downtown conference center because of the temple opening up just down the street. The young women put hours and hours into this production of song and dance. The outcome was amazing. So we focused on the temple and their talents this Young Women in Excellence night. Our official theme was "By Example We Can Climb to the Mountain of the Lord". They were able to sing some songs from the temple celebration performance and share their talents and personal projects in many ways. We used the general theme scripture to outline our spiritual showcase of talents as we made our journey to the mountain of the lord (or the temple). The girls displayed sketches, baked cakes, sang, danced, played an instrument, etc.... After the show we had a rose ceremony honoring each young woman for all their accomplishments in personal progress. We topped the night off with fantastic bundt cakes and wassail while families enjoyed a year end slide show and wandered through the girls displays. The young women were a big part of the success and we were so proud of them!
The Miracle of Aaron
9 years ago

2 comments:
We just had Women in Excellence too. It's my first, I'm a new miamaid advisor! Love it. I'm not surprised your in young women's at all!
Sachia...the girls will love having you!
Post a Comment