Spencer and I had almost given up on tent camping (while the children were tiny) until some friends twisted our arms and convinced us to take the three little ones up in the Uintahs! We stayed in the Ledgefork campground near Smith and Morehouse reservoir. We are so glad that we did. As a family we used to go all the time but as the family grew and grew and grew until there were three little ones we stuck with cabins. With all the backpacking and camping we have done you would think we had all the right equipment. But car camping is much different then backpacking. You certainly couldn't carry all your car camping JUNK on your back. So we have decided to give it another try and start collecting all the stuff necessary. The kids LOVED every minute adventuring out in the woods and river with their buddies. We made really great food especially for camping and even got a little hiking and fishing in. After the sun went down and the kids were fast asleep, we sat around the fire laughing into the wee hours. I dare say we would do it again.
All of them were so excited to sleep in a tent as seen by Miles' face. Brighton even took a nap in the pack and play during the day.
We hardly saw the kids they were always of romping around in the wood in their "secret hideout". Or playing in the river.
Miles and his buddy Sammy.
This picture is blurry but the only one I got of the ladies. We were cooking up some good grub.
Roasting marshmallows around the campfire.
We had a lot of fun activities for the kids to keep them entertained during the down time. Not that they needed it. They were having a great time playing in the river that ran right behind our campsite.
Playing a little ladder golf.
Fishing at the reservoir.
These two had a great time together and were giggling pretty hard when I took this picture.
Along a pretty little trail.
My cooky little toddler ready to take a dive!
And so we came home stinky and dirty but happy that we went!
3 comments:
Its amazing how much less I camp now that I have 3 little ones. We tented it earlier this summer with our kids. They loved it too. I miss the backpacking days too! It will be fun when they are big enough and we can take them.
We're glad you came. :) It was a lot of fun. Glad you were able to find the beauty in lazy, car camping. Ha!
Any chance you could email me those pictures in high quality?
Christie
I miss backpacking and just hope that they will want to do it someday!
Sunny
I will try and email them...the one of the ladies is blurry. I must have set my camera to the night setting. It will cause them to blur. Anyways I will give it a shot.
Post a Comment