Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Seasons of Past and Presesnt


September 22 was officially the first day of Fall ( I am a few days late) and so I give my ode to summer and welcome in the new season.



Goodbye flip-flops you have been Brighton's loyal companion.


Goodbye cool summer evenings rocking on the porch.


Goodbye long hot days at the pool and beach park.


Goodbye summer vacations and freedom from a schedule.


Goodbye summer blooms and hanging baskets.


Goodbye popsicles and many many barbecues.



(I dug up this old fall photo of Stella and Miles and it made me smile.)

Hello school and timely schedules.


Hello long sleeves and scarves it has been a awhile.


Hello cool crisp days on the porch and at the park.


Hello pumpkin patches,corn mazes and sunflowers everywhere.


HELLLOO beautiful hikes and drives through canyons spotted with color.


Hello pumpkin spice treats and fresh squeezed apple cider from the mill.


Hello spooky and thankful holidays.




I always anticipate the changing of the seasons. And while I love the season that has passed....I love the one at hand just as much!


7 comments:

Jen said...

I'm ready! Fall bring it on.

Seth and Karen said...

This is my FAVORITE season. I love fall, the wind, the chill, the colors...the smells. It's a great time. But my flip flops are not quite gone yet! :)

Lisa R.D. said...

I love your ode! Can't wait for fall and all of the goodness that comes along with it.

sachia said...

I miss Utah in the Fall, it's my favorite. Please enjoyit for me...I love how the weather changes to a cooler crisp climate. Oh, sometimes it's hard to read your blog.

Melanie said...

Great post! I can't ever say good-bye to my flip flops. Guess it's a good thing I live in San Diego!

Kristy said...

I really don't get rid of my flip flops either. Just for the kiddos. In fact you may see me flopping around in the snow...brrrr!

CB said...

This was such a cute post! :)We are finally enjoying some fall-like weather down here in Vegas....