Sunday, July 26, 2009

Talents and Tots








Today as Stella was watching the world cup swimmers I started thinking....dangerous I know. I was thinking about the talents we are given and wondering what talents will develop in my children over the years. I see so many in them right now. I hope they see them too. It was strange that talents was a topic at church today as well. I guess I need to resurface some of mine. Stella is a very good swimmer and I asked her if she wanted to be an Olympic swimmer just like those on the TV. It was like a light switched on. Wow, I can do that when I am "BIG". That is the beauty of being a child, the possibilities seem endless and the future hopeful (at least for most children). While in Park City we visited the Olympic Park and the kids were fascinated by the ski jumpers. As they stood there watching the athletes motionless I could imagine them doing great things. And I know they will.

Brighton is on his way to the Olympic slopes. They thought this was hilarious!
Ice-cream right before lunch, now that is the meal of champions!!


3 comments:

Mama Williams said...

Now that is my kind of outting. Ice cream before lunch ALWAYS sounds good to me!! ;)

CB said...

Awesome. Loved this post. :)

sachia said...

I love that Stella is getting groomed by the WORLD'S BEST MOMMY! What a cute thing to say to her.