Friday, July 17, 2009

Boot Camp and Lost Teeth

This past week I went to GIRLS CAMP with the theme B.O.O.T. camp (building our own testimony)! So we put on our army fatigue and headed up the mountain. I have been working in the Young Women's program for about 8 years in various wards and this is the first time that I have actually stayed at Girls Camp! There was a serious amount of laughing. We giggled and told scary stories into the wee hours of the night. And of course there were some spiritual moments mixed in. The camp director and committee did a great job.
Here we are on the zip line. One of the girls brought this great parasol to block the sun.
Kate zipping down the line.
We also went on a five mile hike to the top of the mountain. The girls were so great with no complaint. There were lots of wildflowers decorating the trail.
Some of my fellow leaders at the top of the mountain. They are very tough women indeed.

All this work led to some pampering...pedicures and oatmeal facials.

Singing and roasting around the campfire. We really did have a great time and I guess I was a little noisy about it...because I got voted the LOUDEST camper!
And while I was away my baby girl lost her first tooth! They aren't supposed to do that when mom is gone. She was very excited to tell me. Luckily it fell out the day I was coming home so the tooth fairy was able to make a visit. Stella was thrilled to get money and a ring pop from the tooth fairy. Of course the tooth fairy would bring some sugar for those pearly whites!

4 comments:

Paul and Becky said...

I will let you know next time we are in Utah. We went to Mammoth cave and 4 wheeling and hiking at Zion Park (a little hot for that). I have one grandchild, Kinzie, go to Angela and Ryan's blog from mine and you can see her. We are fostering Taz again, and hope to adopt. Depends on his mom and whether she chooses her boyfriend or Taz. I think the boyfriend will win though.

Seth and Karen said...

Looks like girls camp was a great success. You are wonderful to go. I look at those pictures and I am glad for two things...I have boys, and I am in the Primary! Don't get me wrong, YW is great, but what would I do with all those girls? Looks like they were in great hands!

CB said...

Fun times...our girls just got back from camp this past saturday...however, I don't think Kolob can even compare with your beautiful mountain! :) Silly Stella for not trying to keep her tooth in her mouth until you came home (not a chance). :)

Rina said...

Wow...1st tooth fairy visit. I'm glad you made it home. Hey- I'll take the Most Knowledgable Knot Tying Instructor reward...I told my sister the story and she about peed her pants laughing.