Thursday, July 16, 2009

Kindred Spirits

Summertime is such a great time to reconnect with old friends who are traveling around visiting those they promise to keep in touch with.

This visit last week was such pleasant surprise. Sachia was my college roommate, friend, and always the life of any gathering. We had so much fun playing the didgeridoo and backpacking through the desert. I have wonderful memories of Sachia baking cookies almost on a daily basis. After I got married and moved we lost contact. Sachia was busy moving across the country several times with her new hubby. And then through some small weird miracle I found her through the Internet living in Sunny LA! She surprised me with her visit. She was able to go through the temple and we had a great salad from Bajio! Her sweet little girl Sienna was loving all the attention from my three wild chickens. Brighton was even sneaking some smooches. Come again soon Miss Sachia.
And these pretty ladies are some of my oldest and dearest friends from my childhood. Virginia (the little red head) was visiting from Oklahoma this week. We become friends at the age of 12 and were attached at the hip. We have been through so many things together and have seen some really cool places. Aimie and I lived just around the corner from one another and went to school in Hawaii together. We laughed so much and did some pretty adventurous things in the Aloha state. Crystal and I were the hippie chick cheerleaders together and bonded almost immediately when we first connected at cheer camp. Together this group has really traveled and rocked this world in laughter. We worked together at the Art City Trolley and many times we were laughing so hard that everyone around thought there must be some gas leaking or something. There is one friend missing from this picture and we will always love and miss our dear friend Miss Katie who passed away this past September.

All of these ladies are my kindred spirits-along with others I hope to see soon (yes I am an Anne of Green Gables fan). No matter how much time passes (like eight years since I have seen Sachia), we just pick up where we left off. For me that is a life long friend. I think they were about to kick us out of Zupa's and Red Mango after spending about three hours of reconnecting. I am glad to know so many strong spirited women. I really never forget a friend even if we loose touch.

6 comments:

Nat said...

I'm inspired to look up some of my old college buddies now! Looks fun!

Mark Jensen said...

What a group of beautiful ladies! Some faces I haven't seen in a million years but look just as young and beautiful as I remember!

Guess what Miss Kristy-- All of your friends, no matter how long it has been, will always adore you. You're one of those friends that has a ring of sunshine around her.

xoxox-
Kelly

Kelly Jensen said...

Whoops-- It's me, not my husband! Didn't mean to scare you;)

Kell

Kristy said...

Too funny Kelly I did start wonder....It has been so fun keeping in touch even if it is in cyber land.

Mama Williams said...

How much fun for you!!! I love reconnecting too. (Anne of Green Gables fan here as well- I'm thinking movie night this fall:). It was great seeing you at the Beach. Going again next Thrusday if you care to join us.

sachia said...

Awww...Kristy...it was soooo much fun seeing you. I talked to Michelle today, she lives here in Pasadena and has for 9 years. She has three kids, married to Doulas she calls him and is teaching a music class this summer. That's how I ran into her..I was going to the free class and low and behold there she was just a few days after I saw you!!! Crazy!!!!!! Love you and say hi to Spencer anf kiddos.