Saturday, May 30, 2009

Just Beyond the Rainbow





Our quiet little neighborhood is about to get some major traffic and we are so happy for the reason! The Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house will start this Monday June 1 through August 1. We got to go through for a neighborhood sneak peak a week ago. Following the tour there was a wonderful brunch spread. The kids were really impressed with its beauty and the significance of the temple. Brighton was mostly worried about wearing my shoes so I went barefoot through the tour to keep the toddler happy. This beautiful structure is about one block away from our pad and we would love to see you in the neighborhood!
We caught this rainbow making a great backdrop for the temple while sitting on our porch and listening to Spencer strum his guitar as he often does. Stella had obviously been enjoying a blue popsicle. I ran down the street to try and capture a little more of the rainbow!
Tonight I was able to go with my mom to the conference center to watch the youth in our ward and 7,000 other youth perform in the Temple Celebration. It was such an amazing spectacle of singing and dancing and my mom really enjoyed it. It would have been a little to cheese ball for Mr. Spencer. But we loved it and the ending had us in tears. The youth have worked so hard and we are all so excited to be in the shadows of the temple.
So come one, come all to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple!

5 comments:

CB said...

Beautiful pictures Kristy. And how absolutely wonderful to be able to look out your front door and see the temple. That is amazing.

Seth and Karen said...

I love the picture with the rainbow. We say the rainbow the other day but didn't think to get it with the temple. Beautiful.

Mom of four said...

I almost thought you photoshopped that picture of the rainbow, temple, and Stella! Gorgeous!

Kristy said...

No photoshop in these photos but I did get photoshop for Mother's Day and am still trying to figure it out!

mountainmama said...

Wow - living right next to the temple. That is amazing. I wish I would have know you were so close I would have come by and said hi. You can always come to Spain.