Sunday, May 24, 2009

Celebrate Life!




Most of us remember someone that has passed on memorial day. I always think of my dear grandparents. I ADORED them! I also think of my friend Wade who died when he was 17, a good friend's husband that passed five years ago, or my friend Katie who died just this last year at the age of 32. And of course I think of all those that serve and have served our country. I am so glad my children get to know their grandparents. So this year I will not only celebrate the ones I love that have passed on but those that are still alive and kicking! I just love these pictures of the kids with grandfather on the lawn mower. They are pictures my kids will look back on with their kids and grandkids and say that is me and my grandfather. Spencer grew up out in the fields with space to roam and roam. My kids love to visit!


Here are my three kids and my niece Brittany with my mom visiting her parent's (Grandma and Grandpa Bullock's) grave site. My grandma Hazel Bullock died when I was three months old from a cancerous brain tumor. She lost her hearing while on her mission with my grandpa and eventually her eye site. My mom drove an hour nearly everyday with a toddler and new baby to care for her. I wish I could have known her because she was an amazing women. I was lucky to know and love my Grandpa Bullock. He loved the outdoors as much as I do. After visiting the grave sites we made a stop at the discovery park and then the purple turtle for their famous shakes. We used to stop there every time we came to visit the grave sites or to visit my great aunt Rosa when I was a child. It was fun to teach my kids about their great grandparents and share with them a childhood treat at the Purple Turtle. I hope your memories are full of fondness this memorial day.

2 comments:

sachia said...

Katie dies??? Kristy- send me an e-mail when you get a sec. Such sad news.

CB said...

What wonderful traditions to share with your kids!!!