Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Cabin Fever

We have had a busy weekend. A community yard sale (aka party), soccer games, and a quick trip to the Snyder Family Cabin. I really am a nature girl at heart. I miss the old backpacking days but LOVE to share this love with my children. So quick mountain retreats really rejuvenate my spirits. This trip we took a fun little hike around a mountain lake. The fish were jumping. Then we visited the local natural history museum to see the HUGE mammoth below. We also checked out the pioneer museum. The little ones really enjoyed this! And then to the cabin for all the must do cabin activities...the swing, roasting marshmallows, and riding the four wheeler. Spencer's parents met us up there to roast marshmallows. I am so happy to create these memories for the wee ones. I have wonderful memories at my own family's cabin floating down the river, campfires, and games-not to mention my cousin Peter throwing the whole monopoly game at me(I wasn't cheating). One night was not enough for Stella but back to school and work with a little boost of fresh mountain air!





3 comments:

Mama Williams said...

That 1st photo is just gorgeous! Love a good get away, especially with nature involved.

sachia said...

I miss Spencer's locks....love his short hair too...maybe if I were around more I'd be used to it. You guys look so cute in the mountains.

CB said...

Beautiful pictures!! Fun times! :)