Saturday, September 20, 2008

To Market To Market!


When did the downtown farmers market get so BIG! When we lived in SLC a few years back it was not the event it is now. There were a few artisans but now it is huge and lots of people visit the market with all its great variety! Including a variety of people. We love going to the market, it is almost like going on vacation to Pikes Market in Seattle (minus the fish) or other fun markets around the country. There are some great bakers, local made granola, honey, fresh pesto, cheese from around the world, arts and crafts, live music and of course fresh fresh produce! I have to admit I get a little nervous with three little ones in large crowds but they check everything out with wide eyes. Especially the pastries from great bakeries like Pierre's. Of course we sampled several things and I think the cinnamon twists were the kids favorite!

5 comments:

Mama Williams said...

It's been growing each year, especially with the revitalization of Pioneer Park. I love fresh produce too!

Where did you find your plants on sale? I want to get a few more before it turns cold.

Kristy said...

They did have 50% of sale at Engh but I am not sure if it is still going!

Sunny said...

How fun! WE'll have to to sometime. How much longer do they do it?

Rina said...

I've only ever been to the one in Murray. Mmmm! Fun! Where is the downtown one?

Kristy said...

The market is at Pioneer Park! Yes, I know...the homeless one. But you would never know except for the few characters walking around. And Tony Caputo's Italian deli is across the street! YUM!