I still remember clearly driving to work,at the Utah State Health Department, September 11, 2001 and hearing on the radio about a plane crash in New York that hit one of the twin towers. I casually mentioned it to one of my coworkers and we decided to turn on CNN. As she turned it on we watched the second plane crash in to the tower LIVE and then watched the towers crumble. One of my coworkers was from New York and stood there motionless. Family and friends of hers were definately being affected. We were all affected as we held tight to the images on the TV, our hearts racing with fear, and heavy with sadness. We worked for the government and our world felt a little rocked. The months to follow would be insane for us in the Epidemiology department because of the anthrax scares and upcoming Winter 2002 Olympics. Security took on a whole new meaning. I will never forget this historic time and being a part of it, even in a small way. Today as I noticed all the flags displayed and flying at half mast I was filled with gratitude.
The Miracle of Aaron
9 years ago


2 comments:
9/11 still hits me in the gut every year...even 7 years later.
Spencer and I went to New York the following spring and it was kind of eerie to see the big holes where the towers once were. It still affects me as well!
Post a Comment