Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Plant and Reap








Fall plant sales make for a more beautiful yard! It is great when all the perennials and trees go on sale in this season of harvest. Spencer dug and dug to make a home for our newest tree addition an Ivory Silk Lilac. It gets flowers in the spring and someday will provide shade from the afternoon heat in our backyard. I also like to plant a few mums for fall decor! This year I plan to put hyacinth bulbs in to enjoy next spring. The whole family gets excited when we see our bulbs pop up after the wintry months. I didn't plant a garden this year but we have been reaping the rewards from our family. Thanks to my mom and sister we have had lots of yummy fresh produce. Endless tomatoes, squash, peaches, apples, apricots, plums, etc....Thanks for sharing! Farmers markets pop up everywhere and we really enjoy the downtown SLC one at Pioneer Park! We are surrounded by pumpkin patches and I get so excited! Nothing better than fall! We are so lucky to have four seasons. And I am looking forward to 75 degree weather.




3 comments:

Lisa R.D. said...

I agree, I love harvest time! We planted pumpkins this year and we have two that are already out of control big... I don't know how we are going to be able to lift them when we decide it's time to let them stop growing. Your tree and flowers look great!

Melanie said...

I'm not much of a gardener, but your post is very inspiring. I need to get some flowers planted! Enjoy the autumn.

Mama Williams said...

I love the farmer's market and fall too.