Sunday, August 31, 2008

Meet and Greet



Stella and Miles met their teachers on Friday. Both buildings are brand new and so their start dates have been moved back to Sept 3. I feel like we should have started already. Miles is attending his first year of preschool. Although I did a home preschool with some neighborhood moms last year. I am very excited about his new school and Miles is excited about the "cars that go" at his school. His teacher was very sweet and I look forward to getting to know her better. Stella's teacher was perfect for her. She was very organized, kind, and really informed us well. Her classroom is stocked with a cute grocery store, kitchen and lots of fun learning items. Stella is counting down the days. And leaving my children in the trust of anther's hands is hitting me hard. I have kind of been avoiding those feelings of dropping of your first child at kindergarten and preschool. I have so many hopes for them, like all moms. Hopes that they will succeed, be loved, love others, and love to learn. I know they will have a great experience. I hope to get an education on educating my children, how I feel about certain programs, what works and what doesn't. My world is about to change. I have a kindergarten baby!!!

4 comments:

Lisa R.D. said...

The hardest thing for me when sending my kids to school was realizing that I don't know what happens during a big chunk of their day... I don't know if people are nice to them, if they are polite, if they feel loved, and accepted... and then when you get them back with you again and ask how their day is they say something like "fine" or "good" and you still don't know all the details. It's exciting to watch them become more independent, yet hard at the same time.

Mama Williams said...

I still feel the same way. Wait til your baby, baby is in school. Then is really hits yeah! So glad to hear they have good teachers and are excited. It makes the transition easier. :)

CB said...

Oh Kristy, Saydi started 2nd grade this year and I still feel weepy when I leave her on the first day. I battle with the fact that I am not the center of her world anymore. She adores her teacher this year and she is all she talks about. It is so hard to take that leap of faith in entrusting your most prized possessions to another's care. I wish I could tell you it will get easier but I still struggle with it! Hang in there and welcome to the next phase of motherhood!

Rina said...

I'm going to miss seeing Miles & you each week. His preschool sounds fun--& Stella in Kindergarten. Ok, so you know I'm a boob but I cried. Taking that step where you are not the soul influence in your child's life. I wish her & you the best!!
(Emmalee was so happy to see Stella at church Sunday. I didn't realize she really knew who she was)