Friday, August 8, 2008

Harvest





Oh the season of bountiful harvest is upon us and we are reaping the rewards!!! My mom's apricot tree is overflowing with apricots. So we went to work making those little fruit into something delicious....jam! It seems like making jam should be so much harder than it is, but in reality it is so easy! And homemade is always better. I use apricot jam for my sticky chicken recipe and now I am all stocked up. I was so excited about this batch of jam I decided to try out strawberry freezer jam. I laughed when I put the pectin in before cooking it but I just cooked the whole mixture and it tastes great! (family approved) The truth is, I am not a domestic diva but I can pretend!

2 comments:

Christie said...

The boys and I just picked a bunch of apricots from my neighbors tree with big plans for jam making. Did you just use the sure-gel freezer jam recipe or do you have a different one? Will you share the chicken recipe that you use the jam for too :-)

Kristy said...

We actually did the traditional jam that you cook for the apricots. And I made strawberry freezer jam. Both recipes were found on the pectin box. But don't forget to cook the pectin with water before adding it to the mixture if you are making freezer jam. The sticky chicken recipe is nothing special but tastey and easy. It is just equal amounts of bbq sauce and apricot jam. You can cut the chicken into strips and cook it in a pan like my sister does. Or do it in the crockpot. The pan is better but I really hate to cook chicken so the crockpot is my friend. I guess its the germ freak in me!!