Saturday, July 28, 2012

All Good Summer Things

 One long Random post of summer fun. And fun it is. 
Live music to swing to at Soda Row in our hood. 
Backyard swimming with our best pals. Brighton and Thomas spend a significant time together!
 Swim lessons at Miss Aimees. We were lucky enough to get Miss Aimee and her husband this year. Brighton and Miles are fish. Everyone smiles when my four year old dives head first from the diving board and swims the length of the pool. He thinks he is a merman. Miles' skills have improved so much this year. Swimming and kids for me is critical. Especially when we spend half our summers immersed in the wet stuff.

 We also spend a lot of time at the lake down the street fishing, walking, playing on the sandy beach and playing at the park. Just a few weeks ago we were having a grand old time pulling tiny little fish from the lake and throwing them back in. Spencer helped Brighton cast the fishing pole and to our great surprise there was a BIG tug and Brighton pulled this whopper of a catfish from the lake. Who knew these sea creatures were lurking in there? He was beyond excited and all fishermen around us were envious.

 We go out even when the summer thunderstorms roll in. I love a rainy day after weeks of 100 degree sweltering heat. This particular day our air conditioner was broken. And after paying a pretty penny it was up and running soon. But I was grateful for a cool day to stroll around the neighborhood with my boys.
 This was hot day at the Tracy Aviary. I need to go back in the fall. We rushed through and headed over to the splash area in Liberty Park. I still have a love affair with downtown Salt Lake City and miss our home in Sugarhouse. But I will live in suburbia for the kidlets.

 Nothing quite like free Slurpee day on 7/11. And it just happened to be after a hot trip to the zoo. The Seven Eleven was so stinky but the slurpees were delightful. I don't think Spencer agreed because he sent his sailing into the trash on the way out the door. Mmmmm cold foamy fuzziness right down your throat.
 The lure of the Beatles cover band and the tasty carnival grub made us official carnies this year. I don't think we have ever attended a  carnival in 9 years of parenting. But I have to say despite the nine dollar (literally) rides we had a great time. The Beatles cover band was great and my kids love a good Beatles tune. The mango non-fructose corn syrup italian snow cones were divine. And I mean divine, thats right they came from a carnival vendor trailer. And the brick of fries made straight from the potato not too shabby. Although, I could only stomach a few of those. Maybe if the music is decent we will try again next year.


 A day on the lake with some of my bestie girlfriends in the neighborhood. This little gem Robin is a favorite of mine. She got right up on the wake board like a pro. Lets just say at least I stood up. It was such a great day talking, eating, and playing in the water. I love that on the occasion that I do get to hang out with the girls my four year old says "Have fun with your friends mom." Such a sweet and intuitive boy.
 Lots of yummy summer harvest. I really love gardens and fruit trees and farmers markets. Makes my soul very happy.
 Fun Times at the pool with all our friends. This was our talented friend Naomi's neighborhood pool that also had a very cool treehouse. Brighton was very excited about the treehouse.





1 comments:

CB said...

Summer has gone by way too fast!! Looks like you guys have had a fun one!! :)