Sunday, July 22, 2012

Baby Bee Baseball

I started my first two kids in extra curricular activities at about age two, except for swim and that was as an infant. They spent most of their time wrestling on the field or standing on the stage like a deer in headlights. So I decided I wouldn't start Brighton in such activities (except swim) until he was five. Well he is four, so close enough. He was very excited to play on this orange Bees team with some of his buddies. The coach pitches, they swing a lot,  hit the ball after a few throws, run the bases, and throw the ball around a bit when they are in the field. There are no strikes or outs, just purely building their baseball game knowledge. That is my kind of sports. I do not have a competitive streak for sports but I think they learn some good life lessons. Even if it is 100 degrees during some games. Look at the sun blazing down upon their rosy little cheeks. I loved watching Brighton whack the ball and then stand there like "what just happened", we would yell run and he was off! 


1 comments:

Lisa R.D. said...

He's such a cute baseball player! You have some mad photography skills :).