Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Thankful Vegetarian Turkey

What does a vegetarian eat on Thanksgiving. A vegetable turkey of course. While I enjoy turkey a few times a year, this is all the turkey Spencer gets on the big day of Gratitude. I really love to cook and to eat so Thanksgiving is a fun holiday. And not to mention that to have gratitude is one of the most powerful qualities to posses. Holidays always seem to bring great joy and a little bit of the blues. I am so joyful and grateful for my own great life. And sad for all the misfortunes I have encountered in my own life or the lives of others. It truly is a time to reflect. So after traveling from the Snyder home to the Carter home and getting a lot of family time this Thanksgiving, I was reminded of how important it is to not only be thankful but express your gratitude openly. One of the many beautiful things that I learned from my mother was to say Thank You, to recognize and verbalize your gratitude for all that others do. I have watched her selflessly serve without expecting anything in return. But what it did was create a great return of thankfulness and a desire to return the love. This year my assignments were chocolate "thank you" place settings, cranberry relish, garlic green beans, harvest salad, and one turkey relish tray. So easy and stress free. Before stuffing our selves we took a brisk walk around the lake and gave these birds, that escaped the Thanksgiving table, a feast of their own. There were a lot of others out getting some fresh air and burning a few calories.



I didn't take any pictures of the actual dinners. And yes, we ate two tasty dinners. We were so glad to have my brother Rod and his family in town from Colorado. My teenage nieces and nephews were having great fun with fat booth on their phones. Now there is some motivation to stop eating. But we had a good laugh and I was grateful to spend time with my family and remember all those things I am truly thankful for.

0 comments: