Tuesday, November 8, 2011

RIP Halloween 2011

Halloween can be exhausting, especially four days of it.
We enjoyed every party and piece of candy to the full extent but now let them RIP until next year.
The final 2011 costume decisions...One Pretty Japanese Fairy Garden, "A Frankenstein", and Dracula. I love the classic costumes.
DAY 1 FRIDAY: The big 8th Ward Chili cook off and Halloween party.
Count Dracula and his Bride. I think Miles might have a little crush on cute Miss Kate.

Whats better than one Strawberry Shortcake? Two!
DAY 2 SATURDAY: To Cornbellys and then off to the Snyder Family Barn Party!
The hosts of the party, including the talking hat.
I love Halloween but I don't really love to dress up. Here is my weak version of Cruella Deville. And Spencer is Speed Racer. My kids don't allow a family coordination costume anymore:) Maybe next year.
I loved that at nearly 90, Grandma Zobrist was ready to party in the barn!
Cookies.
Going for a swim in the apple bobbing bucket!

Doughnut on the string.
They tried to get Grandma Zobrist to do this but she backed away quickly!
Stick the wart (gum wad) on the witch.
DAY 3 SUNDAY: A spooky dinner with my sister's family. I didn't take many pics but we did have spooky monster teeth apples, monster face salad, roasted halloween potatoes and ghost fish for dinner! All tasty. Oh and we made a giant mess decorating cookies.
Easiest apple dip recipe.
(1) 8 oz. package of cream cheese
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp. Vanilla Extract
Mix well until sugar is incorporated. Dip and enjoy!

DAY 4 MONDAY/HALLOWEEN: Brighton had a party at school. My other kids were off track so they had Halloween parties a few weeks ago. I am Miles' room mom and we had a great Monster Mash with cool games and activities. But I guess I was too busy to document.
Brighton and his very best friend Thomas. This is such a classic.
We decided to hit the pumpkin patch (Again) just for fun with Grandma C after Brighton got out of school.


The big night of the Great Pumpkin arrived. Brighton didn't walk, skip or jump from house to house but sprinted. They came home with loads of candy. I did have a rather spooky experience myself. I went trick or treating with Spence and the kids for awhile but then went home to answer the door. So I was there by myself. I really love seeing the 200+ kids that come to our door. The doorbell rang and I rushed to open the door to find no one there. So I peaked out the door and a MAN in a Gorilla suit jumped at me! I screamed and nearly slammed the door in his face. But he stopped me from shutting the door. I was really scared!! Turns out it was my 60 year old neighbor going around scaring everyone. He left shaking his booty on the way out as well. I did get a good laugh but can you say CREEPY! That night on the news there was a story about a man going around in a Gorilla suit robbing people. His wife assured us it wasn't him ha ha! Oh and the now famous Halloweenie Tree but that is a story for another time:)



And that is wrap on our four day Halloween fest.

1 comments:

Melanie said...

Looks like a fun Halloween, although I could do without the neighbor in the gorilla suit. Weird!