The Day After Christmas Sledding in AF Canyon 



CHRISTMAS DAY AT HOME





CHRISTMAS EVE THE BIG ANTICIPATION


And so it comes to a grand finale end with all our traditions stuffed in. We had our annual reenactment of the nativity (always entertaining) and dinner with the Snyder family on Christmas eve. Came home and opened our Christmas PJ's, read the nativity, tucked our gift to Jesus beneath the tree, sang songs, and set out the cookies for Mr. Claus himself. I love the energy and magic that a child brings to the season. As a mom I find myself exhausted at the end of day especially during the holidays but only to be exhilarated by their pure joy and excitement.
Christmas morning is so rewarding. I really felt so HAPPY as I saw there little souls dance. We had a grand breakfast feast and played with all our great gifts as Bing Crosby serenaded us in the background. And amongst all the giddiness, I always have a pang in my heart for those less fortunate and pray I will always take the opportunity to help and teach my children to help. All the Grandparents made a stop and later that evening we went for dinner at my parents home.
One of my favorite traditions is going sledding up the canyon with my family,the Carters, the day after Christmas. What do you do anyway the day after Christmas? It gives us something to look forward to! After sledding, doughnuts and hot chocolate we head to Grandma and Grandpas home for the party. There we consume large amounts of soup, scones, a few veggies and fruit, and a variety of desserts. All calorie free of course, its magical Christmas food. We read our story for the year and get our ornament from Grandma C.
Sunday we had to speak in church. I really was nervous but grateful it gave me something extra to help keep the focus on Christ this Christmas. After church we had about 30 people for the fourth family party!
We are so blessed and I am glad for a grateful and loving family. Let us hope the love and charity can carry us through the next year. And there are our highlights from our Snyder Family Christmas in rewind.

4 comments:
Ah, so sad Christmas is over. I love the holiday festivities. I wish they could last all year! :)
I know it is sad, but I just extend my celebrating until after New Year's Eve. Then I can let it go until next year.
I was a few posts behind, but I just caught up. It looks like you had a great Christmas. Those are cute pjs (and very cute kids too).
I agree with the cute pj's and Christmas festivities. Looks like it was a goodone.
xoxo
Post a Comment