Wednesday, August 25, 2010

School for the Babes


Stella just finished her second week of second grade and I am finally recording it! I guess that's what happens when you decide to have knee surgery in the middle of it all. Well I was healthy and walking her first day of school. Stella was beyond excited to head back to school with all her friends. Her cute teacher Ms. Staley had sent her a postcard over the summer and she was eager to meet her. Stella was not disappointed. She described her teacher as "laughy". That doesn't sound too bad. Really she is a great teacher and I have loved all her little extras like keeping a class blog so we can have a sneak peak to what is happening down the street. This is the first year that I have let Stella walk home with here friends, it is only TWO BLOCKS. One day it was raining so I sent my mom to pick her up but she still wanted to walk!! I love this well behaved, kind, intelligent chick. I am so proud to be her mama.
Oh mister handsome Miles. I am tearing up just to look at this photo. The first day of kindergarten was rough for me. I was all bandaged up and extremely nauseous but no way was I missing his first day of school. All summer I had been trying to switch him from morning to afternoon kindergarten. It just worked better with our family schedule and not to mention all his best buddies were in the afternoon. Well the first day came and I took him in the morning. Miles is not a clingy kid at ALL. So when he gave me that panicked deer in the headlights look as he stood frozen at the door I was heart broken. He didn't know anyone, and his little forced smile with a look of "mom do I have to go in there" was enough to kill me. But he went in and had a great first day. He told me about all the new friends he met. It didn't stop me from inquiring one more time about moving him to the afternoon. And by some small miracle they said that would be fine. What? After all that turmoil and begging all summer. Oh well, I was so happy and I knew he would be too. So the bottom to pictures were actually his second day of school with all his buddies. They have been best friends since the age of two. I was pretty much weeping this day. I do feel a little sorry for Mrs. Evans. But so far it has been all stellar reports for behavior. He goes with no hesitation and comes home excited! Mrs. Evans was Stella's kindergarten teacher so I know my red headed sweetheart is in good hands. I survived another first day of school. I love my free time but I do miss them and would like time to stand still just for a moment while they still adore Spencer and I.



And finally, my baby Brighton who just turned three and has only been potty trained a few short months started pre-school! I debated on sending him to preschool because he just turned three in August but he was so excited. He has been carrying around his backpack ever since Stella and Miles started school And with his siblings gone in the afternoon, he needed a little school time himself. He wasn't worried at all when I dropped him off at Miss Amee's pre-school. A few kids from the neighborhood were there so he recognized some faces. And it helped that he is so familiar with the pre-school from having swimming lessons there and dropping Miles off for two years. Miss Amee is so kind and laid back I think Brighton will have a very positive experience. I have to admit it was weird not having any kids at home. But between running kids to the elementary school and pre-school, it really is only about 1.5 hours but just enough time to hit the gym without hauling any kids to the daycare.


3 comments:

CB said...

Oh...the 1st day of school. Its hard every year no matter what huh? :)

Kristy said...

It is hard, especially when you have a kindergarten age kid!

Lisa R.D. said...

Cute school kids! They all look so grown up. I hope that you are recovering from your surgery!