Monday, August 16, 2010

Brave Little Star

Look at those sweet little eyes, being so brave. I had originally planned to wait until Stella was 8 years old to get her ears pierced, if she was interested that is. Stella has been interested for a very long time. She comments on every one's earrings and puts on any clip on earrings she can find. Not to mention all the subtle comments about getting her ears pierced. So I decided since she will be 8 this school year I would let her get them pierced while we were in Park City. I thought this would be special because Grandma and her cousins would be there. She was bursting with excitement, but if you know Stella she can contain it quite well. She picked out star studs because her name means star. I could tell she was nervous but did not flinch or shed a tear. I on the other hand started to tear up for a few reasons. First because my only baby girl was growing up and two because it would alter her cute little ears. Although, I was excited because she was excited. I know Stella felt beautiful and SHE IS with or without those little star studs.


1 comments:

CB said...

So sweet! Saydi had hers done a long time ago but once we started changing the earrings after the initial 6 weeks were up one got infected and she wouldn't even let me touch her ears. Of course, with them being so newly pierced the holes closed up quickly. She keeps asking for them to be pierced again. we'll see.:) Stella looks darling. Pierced ears are so fun. Lots of new gift options now. :)