Monday, June 21, 2010

To Infinity and Beyond



The kids have been waiting patiently for about six months now to see Toy Story 3. And finally the wait was over. We went on a "family" date night to the movies in celebration of Father's Day. The movie was sentimental about kids growing up and moving on. As we left, Brighton wrapped his tiny fingers around mine jabbering about the movie, and I couldn't help tear up a bit realizing these moments are fleeting for Spencer and I. Those tiny little sweet voices and trusting eyes. While Brighton is only on the brink of three years old, I can hardly imagine sending my last little chicken off to college, or a mission, or wherever life will take them.

It also makes me happy to see the three little munchkins huddled around Spencer in the movie house eating buckets, and I mean literally buckets of popcorn. They adore him and will have such positive memories of their Daddy during childhood when they venture out on their own. I loved Stella's tool belt card that read, in summary "I LOVE my Daddy for all the tickles, hugs and kisses. He dances around and plays with me. He is 19 feet tall and loves enchiladas. He has blue eyes and gives medicine for his job. He drives me to school everyday. And helps me when I am hurt. I LOVE him so much." Those kids will take that LOVE to infinity and beyond!!!!

~We All LOVE him so much! Happy Father's Day to our loving Mr. Man~

2 comments:

Jen said...

What a nice post! We liked that movie too although I didn't get to see the end because Ian rebelled. Thanks for the bday card. Luke thought that was awesome. I'll be in touch about a get together with the kiddos!

Kristy said...

We are finally getting to the point that we can make it through a whole movie. I am glad you got the card! We should get together soon.